Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Day Eleven


So this was quite the task.  When you need both hands, one for squeezing shampoo bottle and the other for catching shampoo, it's pretty darn hard to take a pic.  Camera on tripod, and I used my wireless remote sans hands.  Putting it in my mouth and trying to press the button with my teeth by biting....yeah it's REALLY hard.  HaHa!  Also since I was using my 50mm (that doesnt AF with my camera) I had to focus on an object, mark the spot and try to match my hand spot just right - *sigh*  I didnt' get what I was going for before my battery died.  Time to recharge.

8 comments:

  1. Wow I love the twisted smoky look as it hits your hand this is a great shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice moment you captured with the motion. I love the blue background, really makes all pop. Your series is looking so good. Very professional quality. Go Dd!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What were you trying to go for if this isn't it? I think this looks great, and the odd smokiness of the shampoo makes for a very interesting pic! I think it's great! But would like to see what you were aiming for if you end up redoing it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coolest pic of jizzied ever! :P Awesome shot... happy mistakes are the best, no?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant capture of a mysterious moment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My goodness, reading the story...you would never know, because this is one of the best of your photos. You certainly are a trooper!!
    MadamMtnLion

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, so my camera isn't the only one that 'coincidentally' says its battery is drained only when I've finally got everything just-so after tweaking based on all the previous not-quite-right shots? :P

    The difference in lighting between the falling shampoo and the puddled shampoo makes them look almost like two different substances... great way to show more of a subject, that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I love the whispy smoky look in that falling shampoo/conditioner. The whole shot works very well and was well worth the effort. Self-portraits are a total pain!

    ReplyDelete